I'VE SEEN A STREET CAT THAT NEEDS NEUTERING. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
Cat Paws can help you with arrangements and aftercare. Please email our PAWS Patrol team for further info on the link at the top of the page.
I'VE SEEN A SICK/INJURED STREET CAT. WHAT SHOULD I DO?
The Ortaca Belediyesi offers a FREE service to help with the Welfare of Street Cats or Dogs in Dalyan. Please Contact Emrah Aydın via WhatsApp +90 554 9450555 (so he can translate this) or Contact 153 (you will need someone who talks Turkish, assistance can be found at the Zabita office near the Mosque)
WHAT HAPPENS TO A CAT AFTER LEAVING RESPITE?
Cats are always returned to their original patch. If it is not suitable for the cat to continue living on the street then we will strive to find a forever home for the cat.
CAN I ADOPT OR SPONSOR A CAT?
Yes! There are often cats/kittens that need a home or sponsorship.
Sponsorship starts at £10/month, a monthly standing order can be set up via www.catpawsdalyan.org
1) To start they must have their rabies injection (the cat must be a minimum of 4 months old)
2) 30 days later they go for the titre blood tests.
3) 90 days later they are ready to travel providing the tests come back OK.
4) lastly they must go to the government vets who will sign them off and prepare the papers to travel.
5) 121 days (4 months) they can then travel with the pet travel company or you can take them yourself ( this is relatively easy if you are EU but more difficult to UK as they are no longer allowed to fly in).
We also have an excellent deal on costs with our pet travel company, as we are a registered charity
If you are interested in adopting one of our beautiful cats from respite then please get in touch for more info
CAN I VOLUNTEER?
Yes of course. Volunteers are very welcome and appreciated. Please e-mail if you are interested and let us know what skills or help you would like to offer.
CAN I VISIT THE RESPITE CENTRES?
Yes you are very welcome to come and visit, where you can give lots of cuddles and love, please contact us.
HOW CAN I DONATE?
Please click on any of the donate buttons or go to our donate page. Donations are very much needed to continue with our respite and for future projects.
ARE YOU A REGISTERED CHARITY?
Cat PAWS is a registered charity in Turkey (registration number 48-019-075).
Turkish name = Sokak Kedilerini Koruma, Yardim Ve Iyilestirme Dernegi - Kedi Patileri
If you have any other questions please email us.
All Cat Lives Matter